Learn how to scan QR code on iPhone, iPad & iOS devices in a hassle-free way.
It’s great if you know this already. But if you are unaware of where is the QR code on my iPhone, you’re at the right place.
QR codes are one of the greatest inventions of technology, don’t you think so?
Do you know? QR codes were expected to perform better than they’re being used these days. However, we’re using them for certain apps, making payments, websites, scan locations, etc. In a nutshell, a QR code has countless benefits though we realize it less.
If you own an iPhone & don’t know how to scan QR Code on iPhone, you lack technological knowledge. Nowadays, it would help if you felt lucky to own smartphones whose camera is powerful enough to scan QR codes. Besides this, they smartly detect files, scan & store them with several extension format choices.
Meanwhile, let’s have a look at how to scan QR code on the iPhone.
We would also like to open-source that this guide is for your iPhone or iOS devices with iOS 13 & older versions.
How to Scan QR Code on iPhone?
- Firstly, open up your iPhone Camera App.
- Secondly, hold your camera to capture the QR code so that it is clearly visible.
- It only takes a few seconds as your Camera to recognize the QR code. It will display a notification as it scans the QR code.
- Finally, click on the notification & you’ll go to the destination of your QR code.
So simple it is!
Moreover, you can perform similar steps if you want to Scan QR code on Android.
Scanning QR Code on iPad is as easy as ABC!
Check out the bottom-right corner of your iPad; you’ll see the camera app. Unless you’ve moved it somewhere else, it is right there. Just open the app & hold it till your camera scans the QR code. You don’t even need to hit the shutter button. Your iPad will scan it in a few seconds & a notification pops-up.
Now, you can click on this notification & you’ll access any given information in the QR code easily.
Note: Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi for this feature to work successfully.
The options to scan QR code on the iPhone do not end here.
3 Different Ways to Scan QR Code on iPhone
So, you know that a Camera is the easiest way to scan QR code on the iPhone. By the way, some people find it cumbersome to access camera always to scan QR codes. Thus, setting up the QR Code scanner in the Control Center of your iPhone is far more convenient.
Add the inbuilt QR-code reader to your Control Center with the steps below:
- Firstly, Go to iPhone Settings.
- Click on Control Center
- Hit Customize Tools
- Move to More Controls > Tap on + beside the QR Code Reader.
- Lastly, toggle the QR code reader to anywhere you want on your Control Center via the Hamburger icon next to it.
The above-mentioned steps will only activate the QR code reader. We’ll now show the steps to scan QR code using Control Center.
- Go to the Control Center.
- Point the Camera near any QR code & it will scan.
Do you know? Your Control Center allows you to scan QR Code on iPhone even in low-light. Also, you can use a flashlight too. So, don’t you think it is powerful and fast?
Here, we’ll see how you can use Google Chrome to scan the QR code. It’s a four-step process & super-easy too. Follow the steps below:
- First things first, presuming that you don’t have Google Chrome, download it from the App Store.
- Perform 3D Touch for the Google Chrome icon & add it on your home screen.
- Tap the shortcut menu & look for the Scan QR Code option.
- Permit the app to access your Camera & tap, OK. Finally, your QR code is ready to scan.
So easy! Now, you may wonder what you should do if your iPhone doesn’t support 3D touch. We have the solution.
Just swipe down or scroll from the top of your home screen & access Spotlight. Type QR code in the search bar & Google Chrome will prompt you with some options to scan QR code. Tap on the app icon. That’s all.
Meanwhile, don’t forget to allow Camera access to the App for smooth scanning of QR codes. So, that’s it.
Via Third-Party Apps
Are you pondering over the fact that you even need to scan your QR code through the apps you regularly use? Well, yes! You can put them to use for the seamless scanning of QR codes on the iPhone. Here are a few of them mentioned below:
So, have you thought about this before arriving here? Probably not!
How to scan QR code from the photo album on your iPhone?
You can do this only if you have iOS 11 or above version. Open the photo from your gallery & do this:
- Hit the Google Lens icon in the native Camera.
- Click on the dots that show up on your screen with the QR Code to view the notification banner.
- Tap the link & perform the desired action.
By the time you’ve reached the end, you’ve now discovered many ways to scan QR code on your iPhone. So, which one did you find most convenient? Also, share if you’ve already known these techniques.
Additionally, you may scan QR code on your iPhone using Wallet App. It helps you in scanning coupons, loyalty cards, tickets, etc.
So, until next time, stay tuned!
I’m a cheerful spirit who is in love with Food, at first sight, a wifey on 24*7 duty & an enthu-cutlet to explore untapped sources of knowledge. A writer by passion & profession, I’m still learning new things every day & don’t want to stop this process ever.