Firestick remote app is go-to technology these days.
Just imagine how luxurious it feels when you say ‘Alexa, stream Mirzapur’, ‘Alexa, play Ghar se nikalte hi’ & dayum, it just happens!
This amazing stick take big-screen feels to the next level. It changes television browsing experience like never before. Sit back, relax & leave it all to Alexa.
Your TV & sound equipment undergo centralized control with Fire TV Stick Remote. Anyone having compatible devices can make full-strength usage of this fantabulous application.
Firestick remote app lives on your smartphone so you don’t have to look here & there as you sit in front of your TV or media player. Tune-in to ‘Live life King-size’ experience with this screen monitoring app.
If you’re new to Firestick remote app or planning to buy one, you’ll thank us for this blog.
We have covered all the essentials for Firestick remote control & we’re glad you’re here for it.
How to setup & use Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Before installing the firestick remote control application, it’s important to install & set up the Fire TV stick properly. Here is the simple process to do it.
Best Firestick Remote Apps & How to use them?
We will now take you through the best firestick remote apps & also show steps to use them.
The following popular apps will be discussed in this read:
- Amazon Fire TV Remote App
- CetusPlay Universal Remote
Note: Both of the above-mentioned apps are compatible with Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen, Firestick 4K, Fire TV Cube & older Fire TV versions too.
By using these applications, your phone can be transformed into a remote control instantly. Wow! You’ll not have to search for your remote then under the sofa, around the bed, or anywhere else.
Amazon Fire TV Remote App (Official version)
This application is launched by Amazon to control Fire TV devices similarly that you do with the physical remote control. It is available for Android, iOS & Amazon Kindle. You can simply download it from Google Play Store or App Store.
Make sure that your Firestick Remote App & your smartphone are connected to the same network.
The app interface is like this…
How to set up Amazon Fire TV Remote App?
On opening the application on your smartphone, it will automatically search for the devices & display the nearby Fire TV/Firestick devices in the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the respective device that you want to connect
- Sign-in using the button displayed at the bottom of your screen. Your Amazon account can also be used to sign-in.
- When you sign-in for the first time, you will have to enter the 4-digit code that will be displayed on your TV. Just enter the code & you’re all set to browse.
Note: Even if you have signed in with two different Amazon accounts, you can still stream the Fire Stick Remote App easily.
What do we think about this app?
- This legit app by Amazon itself is a must-have if you own Firestick. Using this app, you’re saved from typing URLs with a physical remote. Just use your smartphone keyboard or vice control & it’s done.
- The best part is that both – Firestick Remote App & physical remote have the same interface. When you’re using the app, it feels like you’re operating through a virtual remote.
- We love the single tap controls offered by this app. For instance, you can set up the sleep mode when the device is not in use.
- Universal remote for Firestick supports Alexa
- App control is so convenient. Anything can be easily set up via Settings
If you don’t want to go far, this one is the best app to use.
Much similar to the app we discussed first, this one is available as Fire TV Universal Remote Android TV Kodi CetusPlay.
Your Fire TV/Firestick & mobile/tablet needs to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for CetusPlay to work smoothly.
How to pair CetusPlay with Firestick?
- Install CetusPlay from Google Play Store or App Store, whichever possible
- Open the application & click on Allow when asked for permission to access photos, media, and files on the device
- Hit Get Started
- You will then see the available devices to connect
- See IP Addresses if you want to browse more devices
- If your TV shows prompt ‘Allow USB debugging’, tick in the checkbox beside ‘Always allow from this computer’ & click OK.
- Once connected, click on Remote Control option
- Enter the 4-digit code shown on TV screen & you’re done
Note: CetusPlay must be installed on both – Firestick & mobile if you want to operate using it.
What do we think about this app?
Besides the features offered by the universal remote for firestick app Amazon, we love to access different modes:
- Dpad Mode
- Touchpad Mode
- Mouse Mode
- Numeric Keyboard
- Gamepad Mode
This is the extended feature by CetusPlay we like a lot.
It seems like you’ve got brilliant ways to modernize your streaming experience. Meanwhile, we would also like you to know this…
What can you do with Amazon Fire Stick Universal Remote apps?
URL search process eliminates by using Amazon Fire Stick Universal Remote App. Get these apps installed in your Android Smartphone, iOS device, or Amazon kindle & navigate your Fire TV device easily. Launch the desired applications, play favorite movies, songs & a lot more with just a remote app.
That’s all you need for a modern home, right?
Firestick FAQs & Answers
- How to use firestick without Wi-Fi?
If you are not able to use Wi-Fi at the moment, you will still need an internet connection to use Firestick. Follow this:
- Open the Alexa app on your Fire TV Stick > select Devices
- Select Amazon > Edit
- Find the available hotspot options
- Select “Use this device as a Wi–Fi hotspot”. Press “Start”.
- Enter the name & password of your hotspot > press Connect
- What to do when a fire TV remote app keeps disconnecting?
- Make sure that your Fire TV stick & mobile app are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Push the Home button on your Firestick remote
- Go to Settings > Network > Network Name
- Enter the password & select connect
- Why is my fire stick not showing apps?
In case, if your fire stick fails to show apps; clear the cache & try again. Restart your Fire TV device & see if it is fixed.
That’s all to share at the moment.
We hope you have got enough information to start with the Fire TV stick Remote App. Share your experience in the comments below & let us know if you can make it just as we described above.