Even a simple problem in an iPhone can give you a heart attack. Undoubtedly, Apple managed to be at the topmost position when it comes to smartphones and other electronic gadgets. Moreover, considering the fact that it is costlier, iPhone users should keep an eye on abnormal behaviour. Neglecting any of them can cause big problems in the future. Therefore, catch the issue sooner and avoid regretting later. Moreover, Apple devices come with warranties stronger than any of the other devices. Thus, do not panic. There are a lot of solutions that are available on the internet. Performing the solutions with carefulness will troubleshoot the issues in no time. Henceforth, for all iPhone users, we have come up with the piece which will give a solution to–How to reset network settings on your iPhone. So, dive into the writing and fix the problem in no time.
Why is there a need to perform the “resetting network setting “action?
Before knowing a step-by-step guide on how to reset network settings on your iPhone, firstly, know why there is a need to reset the settings. Network issue is a very common problem not only with Android users but also with iOS user. It can be truly frustrating if you are attempting, again and again, to connect with cellular data or wifi. However, all the trials seem to have failed. Discovering the exact issue is quite difficult. Henceforth, you are left with the only option–resetting the network setting will troubleshoot the problem. By performing this action, it will delete or erase all the network-associated data stored on your iPhone. These data will include all your saved Bluetooth devices, wifi passwords, network preferences or Virtual Private Network( VPN) details. Nevertheless, it will not delete your essential data. Thus, you have to reconnect with network devices and networks to use the service on your iOs.
How to reset network settings on your iPhone: A step-by-step guide
Users can quickly fix the issue by following a few steps. Thus, without any further delay, let’s learn these steps on “How to reset network settings on your iPhone”. Below are the steps mentioned:-
- Firstly, Unlock your device and go to settings.
- You will find a lot of options. But, navigate to General.
- Now, scroll down and look for “Transfer or Reset iPhone”. Perhaps, it will be at the bottom of the list.
- The two options will appear on your screen. Choose “Reset” to move further.
- Once selected, a pop-up window will appear, allowing you to choose from the different categories. These categories depend on what exactly you want to reset. Users can choose to reset network settings, location settings, all settings, the Home screen layout, or Keyboard settings.
- Henceforth, to reset the network setting on your device, tap on “Reset Network Settings.”
- Enter the unlocking phone password to complete the process. And again, choose “Reset Network Setting” to confirm it.
- Now, your network settings will be reset the moment you enter the password. Restart your device. This will take a while. After that, you can use your precious iPhone again without any trouble. By doing this, it will retain cellular connectivity automatically.
- But in the case of wifi, you need to connect to wifi manually. Thus, go to the wifi option and select the network name and enter the password. However, if you are still facing issues, contact Apple support or your carrier.
Alternatives before performing resetting network option on your device
Undoubtedly, network resetting and “Factor reset” are two different options. Factory reset will erase all your data and files permanently from the device. It is more like a newly traded iPhone. However, in reset network settings, all your files, browser data, media and various personal data other than data related to the network remains preserved. But what if you don’t want to reset the network on your iPhone directly? In that case, alternative methods come into use. We all search for alternatives so as not to perform various elongated methods. Moreover, these alternative methods or hacks solve most of the problems mostly in single steps only.
Thus, use below mentioned hacks before performing the long process of resetting network settings on your iPhone.
Toggle on and off of the Airplane Mode
I believe this is the primary step we all take when we face network issues. So, why think for seconds?
- Open the settings and go to Airplane mode.
- Tap on the toggle bar next to the Airplane mode. The green bar will indicate to you that the Airplane mode is on. This will automatically switch off the wifi.
- Linger for a while before switching off the mode. Now, turn on the wifi and see whether you are able to connect to network settings.
Check properly with the wifi connectivity.
- It is one of the major issues that we face on a regular basis as you might get out of range of the wifi coverage area. Thus, get in the wifi range to connect to wifi.
- Also, be certain that you have not disabled the wifi option. If yes, then go to settings and choose “Wifi”. Tap on the network that you want to connect with. If prompted, enter the pin to connect to the network.
- Moreover, you can also choose to connect to a network automatically when you come in the range. For this, you need to enable the Auto-join option by tapping on it.
- Sometimes, you are connected to the network but still unable to use a browser or social media platform. Henceforth, checking the same “wifi” will display the issue below the name of the network. And the most common issue you will see is “No Internet Connection”.
- Apart from that, you can also forget and then reconnect to the same network. Follow the steps below to know the procedure.
How do you forget the wifi network?
If you are unable to connect to a network connection. Then, we recommend you forget the network and then reconnect it. The same can be useful if you see “no internet connection” under the wifi slot. Thus to do so, follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- Open the setting and navigate to the “Wifi” options. Tap on it to redirect to wifi settings.
- You will see a lot of nearby connections available for connection. Choose that which is connected to your device.
- Thump on the title of the connected wifi router. You will see the icon “i” on the bottom right side. Touch on that icon
- Now, choose the “Forget This Network” option and then tap on “Forget” to confirm it.
- The moment you tap on it, your device will run out of wifi connectivity.
- Connect to the available connections on your device. Enter the password and then thump on Connect. Now check whether your connectivity is back or not.
If not, then move to the next section to learn another hack of “How to reset network settings on your iPhone”.
Toggle between Power on and Power off to restore the network connectivity.
It is one of the common hacks that you can perform without worrying about your precious iPhone. So, if the airplane mode doesn’t work for your device and the work done by you is zero. Then, try to switch off your iPhone and then restart it.
- To perform the switch-off action on your iPhone, either hold on only the power button for a few seconds Or hold the power button and volume button simultaneously to turn off the device.
- Now, move the toggle bar to the right side to turn off the Power of an iPhone.
- Wait until the device is powered off. Now, again hold the power button for a while till you see the apple logo on your screen.
- Now, to start the device, enter the password if prompted to sign in. Check if you are back with network connectivity. If not, the last option that you can go for is to reset the network settings. All the procedures are already mentioned. Thus, follow those instructions to reset the settings easily.
Note: If you are facing network issues on your other Apple devices such as iPod Touch or iPad. Then, the process of troubleshooting the problems in these devices is also the same. Moreover, I suggest you start with alternative methods for either of the devices. At last, if nothing works straightway goes to reset network settings.
The final Words: How to reset network settings on your iPhone
We have mentioned all the possible methods to fix the network connectivity problem. From alternative methods to factory resetting of network settings, one can surely get the solution to the problem. I hope you understand this piece of writing well. For more informative articles like this, please bookmark the page. And do not forget to comment on which topic or issue you want in the next article. Until then, keep your reading zeal alive and gather as much information as possible but with a relevant source !!