Youtube has been a popular and social platform for many years. Thousands of videos are being uploaded daily. High-quality videos, including recipes, lifestyle, latest songs, vlogs, and much more content, are all you will get to enjoy on this amazing platform. Moreover, short films and series are a great option to consume your free time and enjoy. Sometimes, people love to read comments and opinions on some of the latest news or viral content. But what if youtube comments not loading?
Sometimes, you only see pinned comments, and maybe the comment section is empty. These issues are probably frustrating when you are really enjoying the videos and comments are not loading. Helping you avoid this problem and resolve this, we have come with ten fixes for this issue. These fixes will definitely be a boon for the users, as well as these may solve any other problems related to the browser and more.
How to Fix YouTube Comments Not Loading Easily
The solutions for the comment section trouble are discussed below. Of all these methods, you can choose any method as per your preference. Sometimes, one way doesn’t work; in this case, switching to the other method will resolve the issue. Here we go!
1. View comments on another video
Here is another solution for youtube viewers. Sometimes video creators disable comments if they do not want the viewers to see them. In this case, you must try watching another video and check if the comments are visible for that video. If you can see comments there, the uploader has disabled the comments for the particular video. Watching another video will tell you whether the specific video you were watching was showing an error in the comments or the youtube itself is troubling you.
2. Customize the Comments sorting menu
Youtube’s comments sorting menu plays an important role in the functioning of the comment section. So, you can customize the comments sorting menu and fix YouTube comments not loading issues on your PC. You can set the comment section as Newest first from the Sort settings. Once you perform this step, you will get to see the comments soon.
3. Refresh the video page
A great solution to any difficulty in loading the youtube comments is to reload the video page. However, there is a possibility of some temporary problems, which is fending off the comments to show.
- If you are watching a video on a PC in a browser, click on the Refresh button on the top left corner of the screen.
- And if you are enjoying video on your smartphone, shut the video and play it again.
If this solution doesn’t work, hold on for a few minutes until the issue on the youtube side is not solved. Therefore, it is probably essential to wait for any readjustment.
4. Fix Youtube connection issues
Furthermore, there may be some connection issues too. Thus, refreshing and clearing the browser cache may help you resolve the issue. Notably, if there is still an issue, you must reset your network settings, as it resolves the case most of the time. After this Youtube comments not loading error will be solved. You can also switch to another network if the current network is facing connection issues. Again if it is showing an error, perform the following method.
5. Sign in again if youtube comments not loading
Turn off your mobile phone and wait for a few minutes before restarting your device. Further, sign out from youtube and sign in again. By signing in again, you may resolve the issue of youtube comments not loading. This is because a number of reports have seen that youtube comments are visible only when you are signed in with Google account.
How to sign in?
- Open the youtube app.
- Click on the option Sign-in from the top right corner.
- You can sign in simply with your Google account.
6. Reset the Browser
This solution may seem creepy, but this would help out if any other solution doesn’t work.
Do follow these steps to reset the browser:
- Go to Settings in the browser.
- Click on Accessibility > Reset settings.
- All settings will be set to default.
7. Disabling extensions may work out
So, if you have installed extensions, an error in the visibility of youtube comments may also occur. Thus, to confirm that extensions are the reason behind this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the video page you were watching on the Incognito Browsing mode.
- Use the shortcut key, Ctrl+Shift+N, in the Chrome tab to open the incognito browsing window.
- In this browsing window, load the video page.
- In this mode, extensions are disabled by default.
- Once the extensions are disabled, the youtube comments error is solved.
8. Try changing the youtube layout
You can also try changing the YouTube layout to fix YouTube comments not loading. You can change the youtube layout to the old one. Moreover, this solution has helped a lot of users.
How to change the layout?
- Open YouTube Studio and sign in to it.
- Select Creator Studio Classic from the right lower corner of the page.
- A pop-up window will appear. Select the reasons to switch to the old layout. Or you can just click on skip and convert the new layout to the old layout.
- Now go on the home option to go to the homepage of youtube and play videos.
9. Clean up junk files
Sometimes junk files may be the reason if youtube comments not loading. For example, your system might have some unnecessary files or browsing history. Removing these files is an excellent solution for this irritating problem.
To clean up the junk files, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to File explorer from the start menu.
- Right-click on the C: drive(the main hard drive), and then select properties.
- You will get a Disk Cleanup button; click on it. You will see many junk files and all the temporary files.
- You can also click on the option, clean up system files. Select the files you want to remove, click OK to delete files.
10. Clear browsing history
The last method is to clear the browsing history. When you store a lot of history on your browser, sometimes it takes a lot of time to load the websites. Also, cache data can create many annoying problems. For example, it may include the youtube comments not loading error too. Therefore, you must clear all the browser history and cached files from Google Chrome.
Thus, clearing Google Chrome history, you can use a shortcut key from your keyboard, Ctrl+Shift+Delete. Using this shortcut key, you will be redirected to the delete browsing history window. You can select the data you want to delete and click on the ‘Clear data’ option after selecting.
Here’s another way to delete your browsing history instead of a shortcut key.
- Select the three-dot menu from the bottom-left corner of the page.
- Go to the settings option.
- Then jump to the Privacy and Security option in the settings menu.
- Click on the option, Clear browsing data.
- If you want to clear all the history till now, you can check on the option, All time.
- Or you can select the date which you want to delete preferably.
- Click on Clear data to clear the web history.
Once you are all done with these steps, hopefully, you will be able to view them when you load the comments. If this does not occur, try to reset the settings of your browser.
11. Wait for the Official Fix
If you are not able to fix YouTube comments not loading, then just wait for the developers to fix the issue. Because, sometimes, the issue could be from the YouTube server as well. So, in that case, you have to wait for the officials to fix the issue so that you can comment again on YouTube videos.
If you want, you can also reach the YouTube support team, and tell them about the issue. They might help you to fix the problem.
These were different ways that would definitely help you resolve youtube comments not loading issues. However, after applying all these tricks also, you are facing problems, and youtube comments are not visible; you must wait until youtube itself makes any changes from its side. Hope the article is understandable to you! You can try all the different methods, or maybe a single one works for you. Let us know in the comments which way you used to resolve the issue.