In this post, we will show PS4 users How to Connect PS4 Controller to iPhone & Android, to use their DualShock 4 game controller with their smartphone. Android as an open-source is open to a lot of configuration. And as a gamer, playing your PS4 on your Android phone using the PS4 Remote Play app can be fun using the DualShock 4 on Android 10.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to Android
- Press and hold the PS4 share buttons on the DualShock 4 game controller.
- This will put your game into the pairing mode
- Wait until the white flashlight comes up at the back of your controller. This is an indication that your controller pairing mode has been enabled.
- Go to your Android phone settings by swiping down the notification tray or go to your phone menu and click on the settings icon.
- Press and hold the “Bluetooth” icon to enable your phone Bluetooth.
- Tap on the “Scan for a new device” to search for all available Bluetooth devices around you.
- Click on the “Wireless Controller” name from the search result to connect your DualShock 4
Check out the guide here to know how to turn your laptop screen to your PS4 game consoler monitor.
However, with the DualShock 4 controller connected to your Android, you can easily play huge games like Call of Duty, PES2020, and other PPSSPP games on your phone without using your phone pad or keyboard. You can also download and install the PS4 Remote Play app to turn your laptop to a game monitor.
There are many other game controllers that you can choose to use with your Android 10 to turn your phone into the game monitor. But, there is no need to get a Bluetooth enabled controller with your headset since you can easily use the compatible controller without Bluetooth.
However, the DualShock 4 PS4 game controller is one of the most sought after and most widely used controllers to play PS4 game consoles with a laptop when you connect your game console to your laptop using HDMI.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to iPhone
It’s also easy to pair your PS4 game controller to your iPhone and iPad to play your favourite games on your iPhone if you do not want to use a bigger screen. And if you are the type that loves to play games on your iPhone this will be of help.
However, you can only connect your game controller to your iPhone/iPad on iOS 13. Therefore, if you have not updated your iOS phone to iOS 13 this post will not work for you.
To upgrade your iPhone/iPad iOS software follow the procedures below
- Go to your iPhone settings
- Click on “General”.
- Scroll down and click on “Software Update”.
- Download and install iOS 13.
However, if you have upgraded to iOS 13, the above step isn’t necessary.
Follow the procedures below to pair your iPhone with your PS4 game controller (DualShock 4).
- Press and hold the game controller “Share and PS button” simultaneously.
- Once the controller light will start blinking. It means that your game controller is ready to pair.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Head to Bluetooth and enable it.
- Click on the name of the controller to connect to it
To know that you have connected your iPhone and the game controller together successfully the game controller light will stop blinking. Hence, you can now control your games on your iPhone with the help of the controller.